Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Talula

Last Sunday, Liz, Miguel, Patrick and I went in yet another search for the best bloody mary in Madison. Intrigued by the brightly painted pink building, we headed to Talula on Madison's eastside. Walking into the building, we were immediately impressed with the mexican/modern/eclectic decor - I'm probably not doing the style justice, so check it out for yourself! We sat down at the large, comfy bar and ordered a round of Bloody Marys. The bartender told us that the mix was homemade, however it would be different each time, as each bartender puts their own spin on the mix. The Bloody was garnished with a pickle and couple green olives. Liz and I took and sip and both thought it was great. Miguel took a sip and said there was too much worcestershire sauce. After a few more tastes, I was on board with Miguel and actually found myself unable to finish the very meaty tasting drink. Miguel asked for Tabasco sauce and the bartender gave us a plastic bottle filled with what she called "cheap hot sauce". Whatever it was, it was not good. If this drink would have been served almost anywhere else, I would not go back, but because of the decor and good vibes (and the chance of a different mix), I will probably give it another shot, most likely in the summer for brunch on their great outdoor patio!

We give the bloody mary a rating of 2.0.

Oh yes, Liz would kill me if I failed to mention their guacamole dip, which she thought was fabulous. While that was the only item we tried, their menu looked good.

Talula
802 Atlas Ave.
Madison, WI

*Not a great bloody, but stellar atmosphere - worth trying again.*

No comments:

Post a Comment